The Cash Posting Specialist is responsible for a variety of tasks related to the timely and accurate posting of charges, payment, adjustment and denial transactions into the computerized billing system. Responsible for reconciling and balancing posted transactions to batch totals, preparing deposits, working electronic revenue and remittance files, paper remittance advices, following up on and resolving credit balance accounts, contacting payors regarding reimbursement/application issues, ensuring that balances are the posted, adjusted and refunded in accordance with the established payer, regulatory and company procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities, which may be assigned:
- Accurately posts revenue transactions including charge, payment, adjustment, denial and refund transactions to the billing system.
- Reconciles posted transactions to batch totals.
- Identifies and resolves credit balance accounts.
- Utilizes relevant aspects of various coding systems as directed including HIPAA standard Remit, Reject, HCPCS, ICD-9, and ICD10.
- Contact payors to resolve problems associated with payment transactions.
- Ensures that charges and balances are posted using the proper transaction codes and payer and that balances are transferred to the appropriate payor
- Ensures timely daily resolution of any unidentified receipts (unable to identify the patient account/line item to accurately post)
- Researches and prepares refunds in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Recognizes and reports any payer/insurance and or patient issues that could impact AR.
- Adherence to established productivity and quality thresholds
- Provides recommendations for continued improvement to the cash posting process.
- Adhere to departmental and company policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must possess the ability to: interact professionally and ethically with third parties including insurance plans, patients, and caregivers as well as with co-workers and management; handle multiple tasks simultaneously; Quickly assess situations and respond appropriately; Handle special requests in a sensitive, professional manner. Demonstrates the ability to problem solve, prioritize and organize. Ability to follow directives with accuracy and precision.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma and 1-3 years of medical cash application experience
- Detail oriented individual with medical billing and collections experience.
- Experience posting insurance, Medicare parts B and C as well as Medicaid payments, adjustments and refunds
- Demonstrated ability to problem solves, prioritize and organize
- Durable Medical Equipment experience preferred.
- Experience & knowledge of Brightree billing software preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel a plus.
Our industry is a highly regulated industry, and because of that and our commitment to providing the best in class products, services, and support, we require ALL employees to complete the following training programs prior to acting on behalf of the organization to apply cash for products, services, and support systems which we supply:
- Fraud, Abuse, and Waste Training
- HIPAA Training
- Sales Training
- Systems Training
To continue to be best in class within our industry, we require all employees to participate in ongoing education to maintain / increase their competency or in the event, the team member changes responsibility within the company. We also require our specific licensed professionals, such as RN, CPA, to remain licensed in their specific field and maintain the standards according to the specific state licensure.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to HR@abc-med.com, subject line "Cash Posting Specialist."
Thank you for your interest in joining the ABC Medical team!